Causes


free debate



March 14, 2011

Alien Update

I want to quickly revisit the alien meteorite from last week. Here are some good links to take a look at if you are curious.

I was wondering what NASA was going to say about this. Here is their official statement. If this research really carried some weight, I would expect NASA to be publicizing it to no end. Instead, they are distancing themselves.

This is the best review of the science in the paper I have seen so far. They also a fairly good job of reviewing the journal itself.

I know I linked to Bad Astronomy before but I am going to do it again. He does a nice job laying out the criticisms made other places in a very understandable way.

After reading all of the follow-up here and other places, my original opinion still holds. The science here is just not nearly enough to prove the claim being made.